9/11 is Still Hard

At the time of the World Trade Center plane incident I was pregnant with my second child and I was wondering why I am bring another being into the world. I remember my TV turning on and the first thing I see was the first plane crashing into the first building -- I was in shock! Why would anyone do this as a suicide mission?

I do say that I was glad President Obama's speech was short and sweet thus getting the job done. I wonder though how come we must go through the names at the trade center each and every year and why we show it on national TV every year. I do mind it being done but with the age of the internet and such why does it need to be shown on TV and because they only did a few on ABC this morning what about all the other twenty-eight hundred names that were not said on TV. This could be done, and probably is, on the internet where the love ones can tune in and listen for their loved ones names if so desired.

I will say that I was lucky as my relatives all live on the other side of the country and thus I had no one that was hurt or effected by the incidents of that day. The thing that most bugs me these days is the fact that the crash was everywhere on the TV and there was no way of getting away from seeing the crash or tragic loss of lives that were the exact cause of the plane crashes.

Iu guess you could say that I at least did not have one of my children on that day any year before or after the incident itself. I would hate to have my birthday overshadowed by the whole thing and have to be reminded yearly, on my day, that this is the anniversary of... No my birthday is on a national holiday, yes, and is overshadowed but at least it is a happy celebrating day -- the day being July 4th!

No comments: