Is One Step Closer!
At least that is what I hope in that yesterday morning I went into Guymon and took a social services test for the Department of Human Services office in Texas county. The good thing about this job is that it is in an area of in which I have studied in the past and have a master's degree in social work and the position is as a social worker. The test itself was somewhat challenging in two ways.
One is just because it is the first test I have taken in about seven or more years. You must remember that I am a stay at home mom that has focused on my mothering and writing skills thus very little besides maybe my disability awareness that I have kept up for me and the hopes that I may someday get my ultimate job as a Disabled Student Services Coordinator of Support Service. I therefore have not done much studying but hope that I did not jeopardize myself too much. What can I say -- my family and children will come first, and should until they are raised. In my defense I will lso add that I finished my master's in 1999 thus it has been a long while.
The second reason I found the test challenging is that I know they say that they are not trying to trick you but I feel there were some questions that had two possible answers. I also have to say that I was never a great test taker and would do better, I believe, if it was an oral test rather than a multiple choice thing. I wouldn't even mind a short essay test question test in which I could demonstrate that I am smart and do seriously know what to do in a situation. The one thing I learned in college was that I was an essay test taker not a multiple choice taker. I will definitely find the wrong answer even when it is a true/false situation.
We shall see soon exactly how I did!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment