Another Day Gone

I got a good night sleep because of my new bed but if there is one thing that I can suggest to many is never but satin sheets on the bed if you want thenm to stay on the bed or at least in one place. I am thinking maybe of tring to put the satin fitten sheet on then place a flat sheet on top to see if that works better. I am thinking if there is just a tad bit of friction between the two then there might be a chance of the flated sheet and comforter staying on the bed.

I will also like to add: If you are a sweater like I am sometimes, satin may not be with the sheet to go with anyway. I say this because for some reason satin traps persperation, I guess, all I know is I was sweaty this morning. I have also had a problem when on rare occasions I wear silk pajamas. I certainly will not wear them with the said sheets are on the bed as there is a long way to fall from this bed. I would also hate to tell my husband that 'No, Hon, I was not trying to free the cat from the attic when I brocke my leg...I slid off the bed.' I am sure that he would then know that there is no way to protect a woman such as me anymore.

OK, I think here I need to take you, my reader, back three and a half years when I broke my right knee cap while roller skating at a party my son was invited to. I know I probably never should have gotten on roller skates at thirty years old but I did. What resulted was three surgeries and almost six months of physical pain and a worn out husband who seemed to age at least ten years during that five or six months that he had to do everything around the house as well as keep up his course load and other responsibilities at the university were he teaches. This is definitely not something I reccommend any stay at home mommy to do to their husband. Need I even mention at the time we had a six year old son and a daughter who was les than a year old at the time of my accident.

So, breaking a leg around my house is not an option. Thus satin sheets and silk pajamas would be hell and a huge mistake around my house.

No comments: