I hate it when the word handicapped is used. I also hate the words crippled and gimp but those are hardly ever used thankfully. Journalist need to be wary not only of the person they are interviewing but the viewers and audience that are watching, listening, or reading.
Call me a person with Cerebral Palsy (CP) or disabled please. I am normal if you think about it the proper way because everyone has at least one disability or another. I actually have many imperfections. So does that make me a person with many disabilities.
I will say my brain works just great, almost too well if you ask me. My brain sometimes works faster than my body can and thus that is where I get in trouble many a days with many of people who simple have a hard time following my wishes, talking is included with my body movements as even my talking sometimes goes slower than my mind and when that happens the wrong words come out of my mouth.
What I am saying is that the best thing to do is use the disability name when using the term as then everyone knows what you are talking about and no one can get offended over it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment