The thing is that I have so many interruptions between the two girls and the cats and whatever else attracts my attention that concentration is impossible for longer than five minutes at a time. I am usually very lucky if I am able to do this little bit of writing that I get done here. I guess this is what it means to be a stay-at-home mommy and writer.
I am first and foremost a mommy and nothing will ever change that because it is my job to give my children what they need. My mom had to work to take care of my sister and I thus my babysitter stepped up and became the person I came to when I was hungry or scrapped my knee. She was also the one who often taught me how to bake and make her famous pie dough. I will be forever grateful for the many things that Ms. Alma Rhoton taught me when I was a kid. I am also thankful that she put up with me as long as she did with my attitude as horrendous as it once was, from which I see mirrored back at me by my middle daughter. I am not sure how anyone ever put up with me outside of school: In school I was an angel.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment