As a Mommy Writer

There is something I must say before I keep going with my blog and writing here. The fact that I am a writer is hard because I always feel that everything I write is analyzed left and right but I must say that I use this blog as my way of letting loose and not worrying whether or not something makes since to you and others. What this leads to is the lack of me re-reading and editing these blogs so that they make a whole lot of since or that all grammar is correct. I say that if you are reading this then understand that you are lucky if everything is spelled correctly. If you want to see my edited and rated and reviewed work then go to my portfolio at http://ww.writing.com/authors/melia .

I use this blog as a place to vent when the day is driving me nuts or I simply need to write. Every writer needs an open mike or blank page that they can create and make a whole lot of ugly mistakes so that others can understand that we too make the common writing mistakes everyone makes in the creative process.

A first draft is a way to get our ideas down and a plot with characters and substance down on paper. Once you understand that then anyone can write a first draft and open their mind to whatever is in their head. Let the characters write the story and live through you and they will lead you to where you need to go. The story will be written in a way that even you will be amazed.

Open your mind and free the characters and spirits inside, is my only advice. Use a journal and blog to open your thinking and maybe get some advice from friends.

No comments: