Let me first tell you that my middle child, a daughter, is exactly like me when I was a child and is prone to having tantrums galore. I believe she does this to get attention and attention she does get because the tantrums are hard to ignore when the yelling pierces through my years like a trains whistle as it comes near an intersection.
There is no lack of trying to give her the individual attention she needs as I feel that I give plenty attention just to her. She always feels she needs more, the more is not possible though so she will need to accept what I can give her and be happy with that and learn to live. Yeah, I know she is only one month away from being four but please don't drive me away child!
I often wish that I could afford a baby sitter and go to work where I could do the same thing I am doing at the moment -- sit at the computer and write my fingers to the bone. Then I think how much of my children's lives I would miss and how much they would wish that they had me around especially as they age.
I feel it is my middle daughter pulling me in all directions as my son, the eldest, has never made me feel the need to get away and run as far as I could he was mostly a good toddler except for a few things that drove me batty but still he was a good kid and still is in many ways. I do hope that once my daughter does start school that she changes for the better. If she is everything like me she will behave better at school knowing that she can get away with most anything at home but not at school.
For now I will sit here and thank my mother for praying that I would have a child just like me when I had kid's of my own. Her prayer came true and she probable laughs at me on a daily basis especially when I call her and she hears yet another tantrum in the background.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment