Schiavo's death is almost a year ago now but the issue resurfaces with the new book of Michael Schiavo's that has come out this week. I am personally hope that my husband does the same thing of removing the feeding tubes and ventilators and whatever else that is keeping me alive if I am found to be medically and legally brain dead. The burden laid upon my family is too great both emotionally and financially I feel would never be worth the life that is simply not worth living.
Now I am not saying do not ressusitate me because I want a chance and a medical doctor to determine my brain functioning level before tubes are removed. If I just become even more physically disabled then that is okay I have learned to live with use of just one hand I can live with more loss physically as long as my brain is not fully dead. Brain dead to me means that I have lost abilities to do the basics of breathing on my own, talking, and/or communicating in anyway. There are also the other basics that I am forgetting but because communicating is my life I feel that is the main thing for me.
Once my brain is dead and I can no longer communicate in anyway please be humane and let me die no matter how long it takes to die naturally after the tubes are all removed.
These are my wishes and I would want them carried out by my doctor and husband if so needed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment