A Quiet Morning

Yes, I said quiet. I believe it is because my son is at his friend's house and every thing seems to go much smoother.

The unfortunate thing is that my son has never gotten over the trauma he suffered when we added a girl to the house in 2002 and another in 2005. I have noticed that his best friend helps him to realize that playing with his four year old sister is not the worst thing that can happen to a brother like him. The thing is the friend has two brothers, an older and a younger, thus he does not know any other way but playing with the brothers. Kevin, on the other hand spent five years as an only child and remembers the special treatment an only child receives from the parents.

For now I am basking in the quiet time and the fact that my four year old is not screaming about anything. I have to say that it has become unusual when my four year old is not throwing a temper tantrum so anytime that it is spent in peace is a good time and her dad and I are glad when it does occur.

My year old daughter is playing with her musical train and enjoying the fact that nothing is being taken away from her. She is also liking the fact that the puppy, Snickers, is not biting and tugging on her.

The good thing is that pre-K starts this August for my middle child thus giving a few hours that I can spend with my youngest all alone. I know that after a year of listening to her older sister's fits she will be happy to have the time that is quietly spent with Mom.

No comments: