The Questions Never Stops

It matters not how many times I tell the kids I have no answers and I must finish my coffee before we play two million questions they never stop. I may beg and plead for the questioning to wait until I finish my pot of coffee in the morning the kids do not hear me -- it is as if they are deaf to my pleas or something. My pot of coffee is about six cups, thus I am not asking for much -- an hour, maybe. Ha, a mother and an uninterrupted cup is a laugh, around my house it will not happen for another three years. I guess after ten years I should have learned something.

As a writer and poet I wonder if I will ever get my two first draft novels edited and published so as to make money from my profession. My husband constantly asks when I am going to get them published, my response is now is -- as soon as all three kids are in school and I have at least two quiet non-kid interrupted hours per day to think real thoughts. Until then, my kids are my life.

No comments: